Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: THREE HOLIDAYS AND A WEDDING


📖BOOK TITLE: THREE HOLIDAYS AND A WEDDING 

📖AUTHOR: UZMA JALALUDDIN & MARISSA STAPLEY 

📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS: 
#145thBookOf2024
Three Holidays and a Wedding is the perfect holiday book! I kept smiling throughout this book. And yes, I have a favorite couple! Anna and Chase 🥰🥰

Turbulence on the air makes two strangers, Maryam Aziz and Anna Gibson, who would soon be best of friends, spill out some of the things they have never voiced out. It is all good because neither one of them thinks they will see each other again, and Maryam didn't think there would be anyone nearby to hear what she has to say, but alas, Saif does! Saif has been Maryam's crush for so long, and now he knows that Maryam is kind of into him.

As you would have guessed, I didn't really enjoy Maryam and Saif love story; a lot was going on with the Aziz family and with Maryam herself. I could not even feel the chemistry between Maryam and Saif. As for Anna and Chase, their chemistry was so obvious to me, and even though Anna was in a relationship, meeting Chase and everything that has happened with Maryam and being stuck in a small town put things into perspective for her. I want more of Anna and Chase!!

I desperately kept waiting for an epilogue 😩🥰 

📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

📖QUOTES:
♡ There is only one happiness in this life. To love, and be loved

♡ Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.

♡ I’m no one’s second choice.

♡ It’s never a mistake to love someone, or to try to build a life with them.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...