Skip to main content

#21 NETGALLEY READ: STATISTICALLY SPEAKING


📖BOOK TITLE: STATISTICALLY SPEAKING 

📖AUTHOR: DEBBIE JOHNSON 

📖PUB DATE: DECEMBER 03 2024

📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS: 
#144thBookOf2024
Thank you to Netgalley, the author and publisher, for granting my request to read this e-ARC and provide my honest opinions.

The last book I read was really sad and very emotional, so definitely it spilled over to this as well. Gemma Jones' life is one that was definitely heartbreaking. She had a child at sixteen, didn't know who the dad was, had to go through it all without a solid support system, and still had to give the baby away😪. Despite all the hardship she faced, she still made something out of herself.

For me, Gemma giving her baby away was a very beautiful thing for her to do. Even at the age of sixteen, she thought and knew that raising her baby would be nearly impossible as she was still a child herself. Her mom would have been of help, but being an addict and her mood flaring up all the time wasn't the best for Gemma and her baby. Even if it was the right thing to do, it still hurt!

I tried my best not to cry!!  I am so glad for all the support that has come Gemma's way. People who have decided to stick with her through thick and thin! And to everybody who has ever fostered a child, cheers!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

  1. This seems right up my alley and I love the layout of your blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...