Skip to main content

#19 NETGALLEY READ: FOLLOW ME

📖BOOK TITLE: FOLLOW ME 

📖AUTHOR: ELIZABETH ROSE QUINN 

📖PUB DATE: MAY 6TH 2025 

📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS: 
#138thBookOf2024
Ok, it's time to breathe, actually maybe a breath or two because what did I just read? 🤯🤯

I was expecting a cozy mystery because how can a grown woman of twin boys disappear without no trace? But then the story turned, and I was not expecting this dark tale. I say dark because it was definitely too dark for me—after the murder(s) that took place, I had to stop reading and start doing other things (like scrolling through Facebook) to stop my brain from playing the images/movie-like trance it has conjured.

Like this book was crazy, momfluencer kind of crazy. You'll ask how monfluencers and murders relate, and I'll tell you you definitely have to read this book to actually find out the answers. Before diving into this book, know that there are some heavy themes being discussed in this book, which include: drug addiction, postpartum psychosis, gruesome death(s), blind followership to people with some kind of power, and betrayal.

Characters that you can't even root for—aren't they the best 😈 Welcome to the dark side of the momfluencer community 😈

📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

  1. Now you have got me so hyped up for this book! Can't wait for it to hit the shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the cover, I was hooked🥺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...