Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: THICK OF LOVE


📖BOOK TITLE: THICK OF LOVE 

📖AUTHOR: DANIELLE MARCUS 

📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS: 
#ThirtyfourthBookOf2024

What will you do when fifteen years of your life go down the drain and you have nothing to do about it? What will you do when your family can no longer stay the same way? What will you do when the lies become too much?

In this story, we follow the lives of three women, Dallas, Candace, and Sasha, and their men's problems, so to speak😂. And truly, men will stain your clothes when you let them, and if you think you've seen enough of men's lies, read this book. It's mind-blowing what men will do to wreck a good thing. 

Dallas gave him fifteen years of her life, gave him two kids, and he still chose to cheat and marry a younger woman. Dallas did all she could to bring her man back home, but her man decided on staying OUT!  Candace and Sasha had similar problems as well, but I felt really hurt for what Hunter did to Sasha. After reading what he did, I paused, replayed what I read in my head, and I lashed out to the nearest person next to me. It's that crazy 🤯😑.

All in all, love is such a force, and we won't be truly grateful for the good things we have until we have gone through worse. 

I enjoyed the storyline; it felt as though the characters were right in front of me, chatting with me about what had happened. Also, I heard it has a movie adaptation 😍😉

📖RATINGS: 3 STARS ⭐⭐⭐






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...