Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: CONFESSIONS OF AN ALLEGED GOOD GIRL


📖BOOK TITLE: CONFESSIONS OF AN ALLEGED GOOD GIRL 

📖AUTHOR: JOYA GOFFNEY 

📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS: 
#TwentiethBookOf2024 

I loved how realistic this book is, and I think that every child between the ages of 13 and 18 should read this book. The author did fantastic work here, and I would like to drop my two cents to my fellow Nigerians:

 In a Nigerian family, the word 'sex' is so rarely spoken and used that the kids start to fear it in a way and start to become curious about what it is.

Social media is so loose these days that it is not even fit for a child. Parents,  please talk to your child about sex and sexual education at a very early age. You can even start with Every Girl Has A Vagina and Every Boy Has A Penis.

Some parents are even embarrassed to talk to their kids about these organs, but it is very necessary and essential to speak to them before their schoolmates or friends put ideas into their heads that aren't healthy.

Speak up and tell them why they're private, why they shouldn't play with it, and why others shouldn't play with it as well. 
 
📖RATINGS: 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

📖QUOTES:
□If you date a boy and you’re not a virgin, that doesn’t make you less of a catch!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...