Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: A WOMAN IS NO MAN


๐Ÿ“–BOOK TITLE: A WOMAN IS NO MAN

๐Ÿ“–AUTHOR: ETAF RUM

๐Ÿ“–THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:
#LetterA of my alphabet challenge #SeventhBookOf2024 
OMG! What do I want to say about this book? Everything felt so real—the pain was real, the struggles were real. Indeed a WOMAN  IS  NO  MAN. This book was heartbreaking, but I did not cry. I felt broken to read what the women in this story passed through and what they had to face on a daily basis.

The hitting, the abusive husbands and fathers, and depriving their daughters of education were all wrong, but these women had to do it because it was their 'culture'. I cannot even imagine a girl 15 or 16 getting married to a man she didn't know or love and in less than a year having a child or two. She is still a child who wasn't allowed to have a normal childhood, and she is supposed to train children( how is that supposed to work?).

The story of Isra was the most painful; I can't imagine her mom never reaching out, not even once; she even died—not died but murdered—and her murder was swept under the carpet like nothing even happened.

To all the women who are struggling: I SEE YOU, AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

To all the women who want more out of life: IT IS VALID.

To  all the women who are in abusive relationships with either their parents or partners: THE COURAGE TO LEAVE WILL BE UPON YOU.

TO EVERY WOMAN, YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD!!
 
๐Ÿ“–QUOTES:
 "love was the anchor, the glue that seemingly held the whole world together."

"Fear has a way ofputting things in perspective.”

"But sometimes you have to make the best of things."

"Take life as it comes, accept things as they are."

"Words could do extraordinary things, but sometimes they were not enough."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

๐Ÿ“– BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  ๐Ÿ“–AUTHOR: FARAH HERON ๐Ÿ“–THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. ๐Ÿ“–RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ๐Ÿ“–QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ˜. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books ๐Ÿ˜‚. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ“š❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...