Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: BLACK CAKE


📖AUTHOR: CHARMAINE WIKERSON 

📖BOOK TITLE: BLACK CAKE 

📖GENRE: HISTORICAL FICTION 

📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:
#LetterB of my alphabet challenge #FirstBookOf2024 
This book is heartbreaking, very sad. I kept wondering how bad things will get but I didn't expect that much to happen to Covey Or should I say Eleanor. Covey suffered a lot like a lot but I am glad that at the end she did have a happy life. 

Not many people will do what Gilbert Grant did for love, to change your entire life just for one person is huge and I am so happy that that one person was so worth it. I LOVE LOVE❤❤

I found BENNY to be insensitive, she dwelled to much on herself than others. Her found her brother's(Bryon) character way much better.

What i didn't  like was Covey waited until the very last moment for her to tell her family the truth(what happens when you live a lie for too long, it becomes your truth😪).  

This book was very sad, so many secrets 😥😭😭

A fan of Historical Fiction, I recommend this book!


📖RATINGS: 4 OUT OF 5 STARS(⭐⭐⭐⭐)


📖QUOTES:
● Are you going to let someone else’s view of who you should be, and what you should do, hold you back?

● “Where money is involved,not everything from above is a
blessing.”

●  "Elly had always filled a room with light. How could that light be gone for good"

● "you can’t win if you don’t play."

● "how untold stories shape people’s lives, both when they are withheld and when they are revealed."

● "nothing was more beautiful than a girl who was fearless."

● "there was a lot that you would be willing to do to get what you wanted, that others wouldn’t dare to try."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...