Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: YELLOWFACE

📚 BOOK TITLE: YELLOWFACE 

📚 AUTHOR: R.F KAUNG 

📚 THOUGHTS & OPINIONS:

What a book!! I dont know why I didn't read this book earlier (P.S it has been on my TBR for the longest time 😩). 

I love this book, it really opened my eyes to the publishing world. Beautiful story! Wonderful written characters! Alot of work goes into books before we can see them on bookshelves and finally appreciate the storyline. As I was reading, i felt scared for June because she was constantly comparing herself to Athena, even stole her work😪

I was patiently waiting to see how the ending will be, I kept guessing and guessing but none of my guesses were how the book ended😂😂. So I was shocked when I saw how the ending played out( I don't like including spoilers in my review but i have to say this CANDICE you are such an unprofessional idiot, you got fired and you go after somebody's career: something that the person worked really hard for 😒)




💔 Were Athena& June ever friends or was it just a ploy for her to steal some of June's feelings and emotions and write it into a book?

📚 RATINGS: ⭐⭐⭐⭐( 4 stars)

Quotes

"I am a woman who helps other women"

"Isn’t it racist, in a sense, to assume my race based on my last name?"

"The literal definition of yellowface"

"But online, you can tune into all the hot gossip, even if you’re not nearly important enough to have a seat in the room where it happens."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW

📖 BOOK TITLE: REMEMBER ME TOMORROW  📖AUTHOR: FARAH HERON 📖THOUGHTS&OPINIONS:  #127thBookOf2024 Yes, this book is a little bonkers. This is a very unconventional love story, and you have to really get at it to grasp the story between Jay and Aleeza. You know I love everything time travel/parallel universe-related, and with each fiction book I read about this topic, my mind is blown away every single time. Yes, there's more mystery elements than the rom-com because how can Aleeza be in love with Jay, who is not even in her timeline, talk about a guy who is unavailable? I loved how put together this book was, how the mystery elements worked together; there was no point in this book that was left to assumptions; everything was explained well without being boring and overly descriptive. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, and definitely this will not be my last Farah Heron's book. 📖RATINGS: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📖QUOTES: ♤ Time isn’t linear. There are an infin...

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant😂😊. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers 📚😍. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books 😂. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently...

RIVALRY NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

It's officially the weekend, and there is no better way to start the weekend than filling your shelves or E-reader😍📚❤. This is  Readers Recs : Here are 8 books which feature ACADEMIC RIVALS TO LOVERS to fill your never-ending TBR 🤭🤭. Tension and rivalry has never felt so right!! Let's get to the list:  1. TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON  BLURB:  Today, she hates him. It’s the last day of senior year. Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been bitter rivals for all of high school, clashing on test scores, student council elections, and even gym class pull-up contests. While Rowan, who secretly wants to write romance novels, is anxious about the future, she’d love to beat her infuriating nemesis one last time. Tonight, she puts up with him. When Neil is named valedictorian , Rowan has only one chance at victory: Howl, a senior class game that takes them all over Seattle, a farewell tour of the city she loves. But after learning a group ...