Skip to main content

#13 NETGALLEY READ: BUSYBODIES COLLECTION

๐Ÿ“–BOOK TITLE: BUSYBODIES COLLECTION 

๐Ÿ“–AUTHORS: ELLE COSIMANO, JESSE Q. SUTANTO, EMMA ROSENBLUM, NITA PROSE, KELLYE GARRETT, ALICIA THOMPSON 

๐Ÿ“–THOUGHTS&OPINIONS: 
#124thBookOf2024
Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for granting my request to read this e-ARC and provide my honest opinions.

Staged ⭐⭐⭐: I really enjoyed this short story. Lyda and her friend, the amateur sleuths ๐Ÿ˜„, thanks to their fast thinking and ability to see beyond the obvious, solved Sawyer's murder case. I guess I'm an amateur sleuth as well as I cracked the case before them ha๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„.

The Reunion Dinner ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐: Everything Jesse writes I will read; even as a short story, this was amazing. The humor! The twist! And that ending!!!

Crime of Fashion ⭐⭐: I didn't really like this as much as I loved the others.

The Nosy Neighbors ⭐⭐⭐⭐: I didn't see that twist at the end coming, and I thought Marge was the bad person all along ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

One Lucky Subscriber ⭐⭐⭐: This was an okay read for me.

A Classic Case ⭐⭐⭐: I was expecting a more murder-ish vibe. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW RUNDOWN: DARK MATTER

๐Ÿ“– BOOK TITLE: DARK MATTER  ๐Ÿ“– AUTHOR: BLAKE CROUCH  ๐Ÿ“– THOUGHTS&OPINIONS :  #LetterD of My Alphabet Challenge #FourteenthBookOf2024   So this novel followed the story of Jason Densen. Jason is a scientist and has been trying to put a macro object in superposition; in other words, Jason was trying to figure out if we can access other timelines other than our own.  But that dream was cut short when he decided to settle down, have a family, and be responsible. He left his passion for scientific research in order to have a family, which is pretty cool if you ask me ๐Ÿ’•. So it starts getting interesting when Jason1 gets kidnapped ๐Ÿ˜ฎ mysterious, right? I am not going to say who kidnapped him, but if you have read the book, I am guessing you were as shocked as me when you found out. It turns out there are multiple versions of Jasons, and it turned bloody real quick. This book was nothing I expected. I was terrified to say the truth. I heard that there is a movie adaptation ๐Ÿ˜

TRAPPED IN TIME ๐Ÿ”♾

It's Friday ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ“š and I love Fridays and I hope you do because it's time for READERS RECS. On this segment of Readers Recs we will be taking a journey through time with our book list⏳⌛. You're stuck in a reading loop๐Ÿ”! Welcome to the fascinating world of time loop stories where the characters are trapped in a never-ending cycle, reliving the same moments, same conversations, same choices... And if time loop stories are new to you, here is what time loop is all about: Time loop or temporal loop is a plot device in fiction whereby characters re-experience a span of time which is repeated, sometimes more than once, with some hope of breaking out of the cycle of repetition. Time loop stories captivate us with their unique blend of suspense, humor, and introspection. Join us on this journey through the fascinating world of time loop stories, where the clock keeps ticking, and the possibilities are endless! Step into the time loop with these 12 captivating novels:

FROM ONE TO FIVE

Another Saturday, another bookish rant๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š. Welcome to another chapter of weekly special book lovers ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ˜. The star rating system: a simple way to sum up our thoughts on a book, or an outdated habit that's due for a change? The other day I saw a post on Instagram about whether book reviewers still made use of "stars" when reviewing books, and I was compelled to make this a topic on my book segment! So the question is, 'Do reviewers and generally book lovers still make use of stars when reviewing books?' As a book reviewer myself, I love making use of stars, and I will never stop making use of them except a better system comes up for scaling books ๐Ÿ˜‚. It is also true that I correct my ratings accordingly. What do I mean by this? This is what I mean: when rating books, I go by my mood and excitement after completion of the book, and I immediately rate books. I may look back on my emotions after reading a particular book and correct my ratings. I recently